Posted on

Lengthy Electoral Protest Works for Bongbong Marcos’ Bid in 2022 Election

protest




welcome By:

Elena Grace Flores

Bongbong Marcos swears from the start of his electoral protest that those who are responsible for the fraudulent 2016 election will be answerable.  Meanwhile, his lawyer, Atty. George Erwin Garcia accuses Robredo’s camp of delaying the process. They raise issues that are not part of the current development of the case. “Good thing the tribunal really wanted to open the ballot boxes because they really wanted to find out the truth,” Garcia said.






YouTube Video by;  UNTV News and Rescue

Samahan ninyo kaming magbalik-tanaw sa mga nagging issue noong nakaraang halalan sa Repaso 2016.




PET Disregards Robredo’s Questions

“The Tribunal is hell-bent in proceeding with the case…It’s good that the Tribunal disregarded the issues raised by the other parties,” Garcia added. Robredo’s camp, on the other hand, said the PET has not resolved yet pending motions filed by both camps. This is a clear indication that despite the Supreme Court’s decision during the preliminary conference, Macalintal’s team won’t quit their line of questioning because it’s the only way to prolong the said protest.




Annulment of Millions of votes

Marcos filed the protest on June 29 last year. He claims that the camp of Robredo cheated in the automated polls in May last year. He sought annulment of about a million votes cast in three provinces. These were in Lanao del Sur, Basilan and Maguindanao. In his protest, Marcos contested the poll results from 132,446 precincts in 39,221 clustered precincts covering 27 provinces and cities. Garica stresses that the slim margin can easily be proven by just recounting the votes from the identified key provinces.










Priority Recount

In his preliminary conference brief, Marcos named Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental as the three priority provinces for the recount. Robredo filed her answer in August last year and also filed counter-protest and questioned the poll results from over 30,000  precincts in several provinces where Marcos won. They cannot accept that Marcos three key cities are not the ones earlier contested. The nondisclosure is part of the Protestant’s strategy.

Effects of External Developments for 2022 Election

But the tribunal, in a ruling recently this year, it junked Robredo’s plea and proceeded with the case after finding of sufficiency in form and substance in the protest. Robredo only won the vice presidential race with 14,418,817 votes or 263,473 more than Marcos who got 14,155,344 votes. That is easy to prove, according to Garcia. Coupled with the COMELEC Chair’s current hidden wealth accusation by his estranged wife, Patricia Bautista, it is already embedded in the people’s minds that the Liberal Party where Robredo belongs, is really punishable for the dirtiest ever 2016 election. Even if Marcos’ electoral protest won’t be resolved by 2022, he can be assured that he’ll get the majority’s votes for President by then.

PET kicks off discussion on Marcos poll protest, Robredo counter-protest




Facebook Comments