[VIDEO]: Easy to cook Rottweiler food that would prevent Hip Dysplasia, give it a shiny coat and help maintain strong bones.
Balance diet is also crucial for dogs. All these nutrients are important: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. Puppies are fed four or five times a day until ten to 12 months old. Adult Rottweiler twice a day is fine. Gradual food transition over four to seven days must be observed. Their digestive system will be adjusting to the change.
Adult Rottweilers are better off with at least 22 percent protein from proteins. Chicken, turkey, lamb, or herring are good sources. Avoid preservatives like BHA, BHT, Ethoxyquin, and foods high in sodium.
Obese Rottweiler are prone to joint problems. Hip or elbow dysplasia is common. Check for signs of upset stomach. Note that vomiting, flatulence or skin problems can be symptoms of serious problems.
Sensitivity to certain foods can be avoided if you know what your dog is allergic to. There are few ingredients that can trigger allergies. protein sources of commercial dog foods, or raw beef, chicken, or turkey are not exempted. Dairy products and too much animal fats can cause allergic reactions.
Rottweilers suffer from sensitive stomach issues resulting not only from food allergy, but also canine inflammatory bowel disease and colitis. A hypoallergenic diet often is part of the treatment of food allergies, IBD, and colitis. Hypoallergenic diets that contain one protein and one carbohydrate can help alleviate these conditions and prevent an upset stomach, other ingredients can begin to be added back into your dog’s diet, to determine if one or more of them is the cause of a food allergy.
Bad Ingredients and Alternatives
Cooking raw ingredients with minimal carbohydrates can reduce Rottweiler’s stomach upsets. It’s important to note the following:
– Fillers and grains such as corn, soy, wheat, yeast and all spices can trigger food allergies in Rottweilers.
– Barley and potatoes as carbohydrates would be more appropriate for Rottweilers.
– Soy based products and table scraps can cause flatulence in Rottweilers.
– Fish oils that contain omega-3 fatty acids can very well help alleviate stomach disturbance.
– Salmon and other types of fish are good choices for primary protein. Fish and venison are hypoallergenic meats when it comes to Rottweilers.
Fatal Feeding Mistakes
Gastric dilation and volvulus are common with Rottweilers as large with deep-chest dogs. Bloating is fatal with dogs when not given medical attention immediately. The following are precautionary measures:
– Discourage rapid gulping of food.
– Do not let it consume a large meal at one feed. Divide it into two meals.
– Don’t feed the dog in elevated dishes.
– Avoid feeding less than an hour before or after strenuous exercise.
Feeding Best Practices
Ready supply of fresh, clean water is a must. The dog will be driven to drink large quantities of water during mealtime if the provision is inadequate.
Healthy and Happy Rottweilers
The Rottweiler’s need for walking and running exercises require abundant energy. High calories from protein must not be neglected in their meals. They can be slim but still healthy. But don’t you want a sturdy and confident-looking dog? Good calories can supplement that.
Sources: Ilovemyrotty/ Rottweilerhg/ Youtube